These Terms & Conditions apply to the “Refer-a-Friend Coupon” promotional campaigns, games, or events (each, a “Promotion”) ran on the AliExpress™ Marketplace.
1. The Promotion: During the Promotion Period (see clause 2 below), existing members (each, an “Existing Member”) can refer new members (each, a “New Member”) to join AliExpress Marketplace (www.aliexpress.com) (“AliExpress”) Existing Members and New Members who respectively meet the requirements under paragraphs 5.a) and 5.c) may receive an AliExpress coupon (value varies depending on the specific campaign launched by the Promoter). (Existing Members and New Members shall be collectively referred to as “Members”.)
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion Period will run up to the time when all the allocated AliExpress coupons which are to be distributed pursuant to this Promotion has been given away (the “Promotion Period”). Once all the allocated AliExpress coupons have been given away, the Promoter will make an announcement on the relevant promotional page, notifying members of the end of the Promotion Period.
3. Promoter: Alibaba.com Singapore E-Commerce Private Limited, a company incorporated in Singapore with registered office address at 10 Collyer Quay # 10-01, Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315 (the “Promoter”).
4. Availability: This Event is available on the AliExpress iPhone and Android App.
5. Promotion-specific Rules:
Existing Member requirements
- a) An Existing Member is only entitled to receive the coupon if the New Member he/she invites successfully signs on to become a registered member of AliExpress. Notwithstanding the number of New Members successfully invited by any Existing Member, the maximum number of coupons each Existing Member may be able to receive pursuant to this Promotion is 10 coupons.
New Member requirements
- b) An Existing Member of AliExpress may send more than one coupons depending on the specific campaign launched, and the existing registered member may invite multiple New Members to collect the coupon. Coupons are available on a first come first served basis, and only the earliest new New Members who meet the requirement under paragraph 5.c) can receive the coupon.
- c) Subject to paragraph 5.b), an New Member is only entitled to receive the coupon if:
- i. the New Member follows these steps:
- 1. upon being sent the invitation to collect the coupon, the New Member inserts his/her email address;
- 2. the New Member downloads the AliExpress app after clicking “GET THE ALIEXPRESS APP” and being redirected to the downloading page;
- 3. the New Member uses the same email that he/she has entered under step 1 to sign up for an AliExpress account on the AliExpress App;
- ii. the email address that the New Member uses to register the new AliExpress account has never been used to register any account on AliExpress previously;
- iii. the device to which the email address under paragraph 5.c)i.1 is tied has never had any AliExpress accounts registered to it (this clause shall not be triggered if the AliExpress was installed on such device but no account has ever been registered);
- iv. the new AliExpress account is registered within the Promotion Period; and
- v. this new AliExpress account has never placed any orders.
- i. the New Member follows these steps:
- d) Based on the criteria sets out in paragraph 5.c), each New Member may receive one (1) coupon only.
- e) The New Member’s account on AliExpress will be immediately credited with an equivalent to the value of the coupon upon that New Member’s registration on the platform.
Use of coupons
- f) The coupon can only be used between the dates and times specified on the relevant promotional page on the AliExpress App (“Usage Period”). Conditions of use (eg, minimum purchase order value) may be attached to the coupons and Members shall check the relevant promotional page on the AliExpress App for details.
- g) Coupons that remain unused after the Usage Period will lapse and cannot be refunded or exchanged for anything.
- h) AliExpress™ coupon may not be used for certain regions and/or products and/or shipping purposes as may be decided by AliExpress from time to time.
- i) Use of any AliExpress coupon is subject to the AliExpress Coupons Terms and Conditions, which can be found at https://helppage.aliexpress.com/buyercenter/questionAnswer.htm?isRouter=0&viewKey=1&id=20060642&categoryIds=9205400&lang=ru.
- j) An Existing Member can only send invitations under this Promotion to New Members. Invitations are effective for a limited amount of time as specified by the Promoter and may lapse without notice to Members.
6. General Rules:
- a) Unless otherwise specified, the coupon received under the Promotion cannot be used in combination with other promotions, discounts or coupons.
- b) Any fraud and/or abuse of the Promotion by any person (as determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion) will result in forfeiture of the person’s eligibility to the Promotion and/or cancellation of all or part of the person’s account(s) with the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to deduct the value of any rewards awarded inappropriately to a person directly from any of the person’s account(s) with the Promoter without prior notice and/or take legal action in such instances to recover any outstanding amounts.
- c) In the event that the Promotion is ceased or suspended by the relevant authorities or due to serious network attack or system fault, the Promotions may be terminated prematurely. Such situation will be classified as a force majeure event and the Promoter shall not be liable for any damages or claims that arise out of the Promotion.
- d) By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- e) The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost, delayed, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or otherwise.
- f) In the event that the Promotion becomes inoperable due to any computer network related reasons, you agree that the Promoter shall not be held liable for any damages.
- g) Time and validity of any transactions and/or eligibility of a Member to the Promotion and/or coupon shall be determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion based on the Promoter’s record. If there is any discrepancy between the record of transaction held by a Member and that held by the Promoter, the Promoter’s record shall be conclusive and binding on the Member.
- h) The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Official Rules as well as to vary or terminate the Promotion without prior notice. In the event of disputes, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and binding.
7. Disclaimer: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTER BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
8. Disputes: You acknowledge and agree that the Promoter or any of its affiliates shall not be responsible, and shall have no liability to it or anyone else for any dispute or claim that arises out of the participant’s participation in the Promotion.
9. Governing Law: You agree that this Promotion is governed, interpreted and enforced by the laws of Hong Kong, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any and all legal actions, claims or proceedings arising out of, or in connection with this Promotion must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Hong Kong.
10. Conflict of Terms and Conditions:
- a) In case of any discrepancy in the content between the English and other non-English language versions of these Official Rules, the English version shall prevail.
- b) In the event that any of the terms and conditions set out in these Official Rules conflict with the Promotion-specific Terms and Conditions under paragraph 5, the Promotion-specific Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- c) In the event that any of the terms under these Official Rules conflict with rules and/or any such related information displayed elsewhere on the AliExpress, the terms under these Official Rules shall prevail.